Tag: tablet shopping

T-commerce generates 3 out of every 4 conversions

T-Commerce RetailA recent study from SeeWhy has shown that 75 percent of mobile purchases are made by tablet users.

SeeWhy Inc. has released the results of its latest research, which have shown that over mobile, 75 percent of conversions come from t-commerce, whereas only the remaining 25 percent come from smartphone shoppers.

The marketing vendor suggests that this will make it important for retailers to retarget their mobile strategies.

The SeeWhy study included the examination of 21 million unique transactions that occurred through its approximately 2,500 retailer clients. Furthermore, this data was supported by an additional survey held by the firm, which included the participation of 11,616 American adult consumers.

The mobile and t-commerce survey asked participants regarding their purchasing behaviors.

What it found from the results of both different studies, was that mobile has a definite split in the types of consumers that it provides: smartphone and t-commerce. This, according to the chief strategy officer and founder of SeeWhy, Charles Nicholls. He explained that “What people do with a smartphone is fundamentally different than what they do with a tablet.”

Nicholls also pointed out that “There are three times more conversions on tablets than smartphones. Tablets are where the action is.” For that reason, the survey results suggest that retailers and other merchants may consider shifting their focus to help to make themselves more appealing specifically over t-commerce.

In order to identify the smartphone and t-commerce patterns, the company examined the daily conversion activities over mobile devices. It found that throughout the day, the activity over smartphones was relatively static, and that there wasn’t much of a pattern to be observed. However, it noted that this was strikingly different in the case of tablets.

Nichols pointed out that the activity over t-commerce experiences a strong variance throughout the day. He said that in the evening, as people get home from work, the conversion rates spike considerably. While smartphones are used all day long, tablets are “a recreational device.” This helps to explain why the survey conducted by SeeWhy showed that 56 percent of tablet owners use their devices most frequently at home.

M-commerce is experiencing more widespread acceptance

m-commerce acceptanceThe results of newly released research have pointed to greater adoption of shopping over smartphones and tablets.

Stibo Systems has just released the results of its 2013 Consumer Retail Survey, which indicated that the number of consumers who have used a smartphone, tablet, or other mobile device in order to purchase a product through m-commerce has increased by 19 percent over the last year.

This was said to have reflected a considerably rising acceptance of shopping over this channel.

Among the respondents who took part in the survey, 59 percent said that they had bought something using m-commerce. Three out of every four participants said that it was “very important” to be able to learn more about a product through online information. This was an increase of 8 percent from having been 67 percent in 2012. According to the report about the survey, this indicated that consumers are becoming more savvy shoppers.

The report stated that consumers are becoming more selective and sophisticated through m-commerce.

They are using the devices to inform themselves about their purchases before they make their decisions and m-commerce is beginning to play a growing role in that behavior.

According to the Stibo Systems U.K. managing director, Mark Thorpe, “Although every year is hailed as the ‘year of the mobile’, there is sufficient evidence in these results to demonstrate that mobile is now a legitimate channel for retailers, particularly with the recent rapid adoption of tablet devices.”

Thorpe went on to say that if retailers want to take full advantage of the benefits of m-commerce, then they will need to start paying attention to it not only to make sure that consumers are enjoying the experience that is being provided, but also to be able to meet their expectations. The report indicated that this would help these companies to avoid disappointing their customers, which could be a rapid road to losing potential customers and many sales over the long term.

The survey’s results not only indicated that m-commerce is being more widely accepted, but also that it is becoming increasingly important to the decision that a consumer will have as to whether or not he or she will actually make a purchase, and where.