Atlanta, GA, November 14, 2016 –(PR.com)– The Atlanta Mobile Marketing Organization (AMMO) celebrated its third annual Atlanta Mobile Awards at the Loft at Center Stage hosted by Atlanta radio and T.V. personality Mara Davis on November 3rd.
Each year, the Atlanta Mobile Awards brings brands and technology companies of all sizes together to celebrate the best in mobile marketing, products and experiences. This year, more than 50 companies hailing from Atlanta, entered submissions to be judged by an all-star panel of Atlanta-based mobile experts. Joseph DeCarlo, Principal Architect at Turner returned to Atlanta Mobile Awards panel of judges for the second year. DeCarlo was joined by Tom Daly, group director global connections for The Coca-Cola Company, Aviral “A.K.” Singh, brand building leader for Georgia Pacific, Jennifer Bonnett, general manager of ATDC and Chief Chick and founder of StartupChicks, and mobile gaming expert Marcus Matthews.
“We were very excited about our panel of judges this year. Each member brought a unique perspective from their experience building brands and businesses through mobile,” said Kyle Rollins, Founder and Co-Director of AMMO. “Getting each entrant’s work in front of these mobile and tech industry leaders is a big deal.”
This year, AMMO gave out eight awards, recognizing best-in-class products to the following companies in the areas of:
· Best Mobile Startup was presented to Roadie, developed by Big Nerd Ranch. Roadie connects people who have items to send with drivers already heading in the right direction. By tapping into unused space in passenger vehicles already on the road, Roadie creates a community that gives businesses and consumers a more cost-efficient, faster, and greener shipping option.
· Big ATL/Atl Only was presented to Food Finder Georgia, developed by stable|kernel. Food Finder is a free web and mobile app that connects more than 650,000 food insecure children in Georgia to free food resources.
· Best AR/VR was presented to CN2 for its Assist platform. Assist enables enterprises to offer augmented reality enhanced remote assistance to field service personnel and customers on demand.
· Best Public Service/Non-Profit was presented to The American Cancer Society for its FUNdraising app. The ACS FUNdraising app allows participants of Relay for Life and Making Strides the ability to track their fundraising progress at the individual, team and event level. Consumers also have the ability to send donation solicitation messages via email, text and all the social networks in addition to being able to scan credit cards and checks from a completely PCI compliant app.
· Best IoT was presented to Luma for its Surround WiFi System to solve for the issue of bad internet with the delivery of a true Surround WiFi experience that included a mesh network, enterprise-level security & a sleek design.
· Best B2B/Enterprise was presented to Cooleaf, a technology platform customized to reflect the employer brand with the focus of creating a more connected employee community while empowering company leaders to track engagement metrics.
· Best Gaming/Gamification was presented to Intercontinental Hotels Group for its Planet Trekkers app, developed by Dragon Army. Planet Trekkers is an app designed to give children fun and exciting ways to engage with their family’s travel destination before, during and after a holiday. Created in partnership with National Geographic Kids®, the app helps young travelers explore and appreciate the world around them.
· People’s Choice, an award given to the project that captures the most fan votes, was awarded to Moxie Sports, an app developed by stable|kernel. The sports scheduling app not only allows for coaches to set a schedule that is available to anyone following the team, but if there are changes made to the schedule, a push notification is sent out to all users – assistant coaches, players and parents.
“Our mission is to bring national attention to Atlanta’s vibrant mobile scene,” said Josh Gertz, Co-Founder and Director of AMMO. “The People’s Choice Award gives the mobile and startup communities a voice in who bests represents our city.”
If you’d like to learn more about the organization and its monthly meetings, or get involved with the 2017 Atlanta Mobile Awards, please visit Atlantammo.org.
Atlanta Mobile Marketing Organization
Contact via Email
Read the full story here: http://www.pr.com/press-release/695278
Press Release Distributed by PR.com